Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

can't link to matlab with 4.0a classkit

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, it is really headache.

I installed the COMSOL 4.0a and with the academic licence. several thing happened:
1, cannot open with icon COMSOL 4.0a directly, can only open with the COMSOL(classkit).
2, I have the livelink with Matlabe module included in my licence, but couldn't use it.

I tried open the icon Comsol with matlab, return with don't have GUI licence.
2, tried start the comsol server on port 2036, and export and import with matlab, same thing, cannot obtain licence.

However, start comsol server, and let Matlab link server does works, but when I try to open the saved M.files or Mph.files in Matlab, it returns error.

Oho, is there any way make it work?

thanks.

3 Replies Last Post Oct 7, 2010, 1:00 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 7, 2010, 5:40 a.m. EDT
Hi

there are a few other threads about this, do a search on the forum, and on the KB. But for licence or installation issues, the best is to contact your local rep.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there are a few other threads about this, do a search on the forum, and on the KB. But for licence or installation issues, the best is to contact your local rep. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 7, 2010, 12:27 p.m. EDT
thanks a lot
thanks a lot

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 7, 2010, 1:00 p.m. EDT
Hi here is how it works.

I searched the KB and find one useful info
as the link :www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1071/

the trick is:

Go to the Windows start menu > All programs > COMSOL 4.0, right click on COMSOL 4.0 with MATLAB and go to properties.

Then change the target path from:

[dir]\comsol.exe server matlab

to

[dir]\comsolserver.exe -ckl matlab

if you are are starting a classkit license as me.

then you will be able start the COMSOL with Matlab server.

Finally, follow the steps in the Livelink with Matlab's user's Guide. you will be able run it, no problem.

Hi here is how it works. I searched the KB and find one useful info as the link :http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1071/ the trick is: Go to the Windows start menu > All programs > COMSOL 4.0, right click on COMSOL 4.0 with MATLAB and go to properties. Then change the target path from: [dir]\comsol.exe server matlab to [dir]\comsolserver.exe -ckl matlab if you are are starting a classkit license as me. then you will be able start the COMSOL with Matlab server. Finally, follow the steps in the Livelink with Matlab's user's Guide. you will be able run it, no problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.