Beta Innovations LLC
Beta Innovations LLC provides strategic and tactical product development services for groups developing new tools for life science laboratories. We help our clients launch new technologies that are incorporated into practical instruments and meet scientists’ needs and user expectations. We provide management and technical guidance to support product design and development, assist in the regulatory approval process, develop strategies for manufacturing and product roll-out, and support the early stages of product testing and marketing strategies.
Areas of Expertise
The efficient evaluation of product concepts and design optimization requires the examination of fluidics, heat transfer, diffusion, electromigration, and chemical reactions. COMSOL Multiphysics is an effective platform for simulating and evaluating candidate product designs and run conditions, especially when these physics are coupled. Beta Innovations LLC's areas of expertise include the following:
- Fluidics of dispensing systems and lab-on-a-chip (LoC) devices
- Heat transfer and diffusion in the presence of chemical reactions
- Modeling electrokinetic phenomena in electrophoretic systems and electroosmotic flow in microfluidic devices
- Flow through a nozzle
- Shelf-life stability in permeable packaging
- Nutrient retention in food processing
- Particle tracing in cell analyzers and in solid-fluid processing
We recognize COMSOL Multiphysics as an important design tool for evaluating product concept candidates and minimizing the number of physical prototypes needed. Additionally, the software provides us with a deeper understanding of system dynamics in which physical measurements are difficult or impossible to define.