Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to save mesh file in comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to save mesh and element

Initially I tried to use get and flsave but seems not working. Can someone explain.

Regards

1 Reply Last Post Sep 7, 2010, 2:52 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 7, 2010, 2:52 a.m. EDT
Hi

meshes are stored in COMSOL as node , lines and volumes, i.e. geometrical entities and indexes to these items, this you can save in a few formats, see your doc or do a serach for "file formats" on the main COMSL web site

Elements are mainy definitions, and not saved as a "dec card" as for many other FEM software. You need to study the doc how to extract the index tables to identify which tape of elements are linked to which mesh entity, somewhat to lengthy to explain here. Start with a simple rectangle and 4-6 elements, and check the doc, then the model is simple enough to be understood by "hand"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi meshes are stored in COMSOL as node , lines and volumes, i.e. geometrical entities and indexes to these items, this you can save in a few formats, see your doc or do a serach for "file formats" on the main COMSL web site Elements are mainy definitions, and not saved as a "dec card" as for many other FEM software. You need to study the doc how to extract the index tables to identify which tape of elements are linked to which mesh entity, somewhat to lengthy to explain here. Start with a simple rectangle and 4-6 elements, and check the doc, then the model is simple enough to be understood by "hand" -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.