Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

heat transfer at the entrance of a channel using the turbulent model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to model a fluid in a rectangular tube with a heat influx on the top. I think the model is not right because I get higher temperatures at the entrance of the tube, indicating lower heat transfer coefficients, when normally the entrance temperatures should be lower because the heat transfer to the fluid before the temperature profile is established. I upload the file of the model. Which one is the error in my model?(I'm using the k-epsilon model)

Thanks in advance,

Ann Jenkins.

1 Reply Last Post Aug 16, 2010, 5:13 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 16, 2010, 5:13 a.m. EDT
Hi,

Sorry I didn´t upload the model.Here it goes...where the temperature is higher I define the inlet of 0.8 m/s. I´m using the 3.5a version.

Thanks,

Ann
Hi, Sorry I didn´t upload the model.Here it goes...where the temperature is higher I define the inlet of 0.8 m/s. I´m using the 3.5a version. Thanks, Ann

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.