Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Segregated solver for one way coupling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey All,

Let's say I have a field A and B. Field B depends on A, but A does not depend on B (one way coupling).

I can imagine that this should be solved in a segregated solver. How can I define this in a segregated solver, as there are two options there: tolerance termination and iteration number?

Many thanks
Danial

2 Replies Last Post Aug 17, 2010, 3:27 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 17, 2010, 1:21 p.m. EDT
anyone?
anyone?

Andrew Prudil Nuclear Materials

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 17, 2010, 3:27 p.m. EDT
In that case I would create two segregated groups. First solving for A (independent) which would be set to terminate by tolerance. The second group I would put B, and have it terminate after 1 iteration.

I'm not sure that this is the most efficient way (it might iterate once more to see that A has not changed because of B and that B has not changed because of the change in B), but it should work.
In that case I would create two segregated groups. First solving for A (independent) which would be set to terminate by tolerance. The second group I would put B, and have it terminate after 1 iteration. I'm not sure that this is the most efficient way (it might iterate once more to see that A has not changed because of B and that B has not changed because of the change in B), but it should work.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.