Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

frequancy exitation Vs range of frequancies in parametric solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello;
I have 1 geometry with 2 physics (piezo plane stress and acoustic pressure). In scalar variable from physics tab I enter excitation frequency for one physics and synchronize it for the same physics to 200000 Hz.
In solver parametric when I chose analysis type frequency response and for solver I use parametric, I should enter a range of frequencies also and by running Comsol it runs for the range of frequencies that has been defined in solver not excitation frequency.!!
Which frequency would be really my excitation frequency? As I should define maximum element size base on excitation frequency.

Could you please someone tell me what is the difference of excitation frequency in scalar variable and range of frequencies in parametric solver? Does Comsol automatically when solve parametric solver consider the range of frequencies as excitation frequency?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Jul 23, 2010, 6:41 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 23, 2010, 6:41 a.m. EDT
Hi

First pls specify the version you are using, as there are different behaviours/approaches in 3.5 and 4

I suspect its 3.5a you are using, then you have a default scalar to set, used in any steady state case, but you can use the same variable (or a new name for the frequency sweep). Now you must decide, upon the type of physics and model you have if al or just one is in the frequency domain, and the other in static (with the active frequency), this depends on how you intend to segregate your solver variables. Then you must "just" ensure that once one part have finished, the correct values are used for the second and following steps

Hope this helps
Good luck
Ivar
Hi First pls specify the version you are using, as there are different behaviours/approaches in 3.5 and 4 I suspect its 3.5a you are using, then you have a default scalar to set, used in any steady state case, but you can use the same variable (or a new name for the frequency sweep). Now you must decide, upon the type of physics and model you have if al or just one is in the frequency domain, and the other in static (with the active frequency), this depends on how you intend to segregate your solver variables. Then you must "just" ensure that once one part have finished, the correct values are used for the second and following steps Hope this helps Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.