Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Store the self-defined material properties

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I defined a function for a specific quantity of the material properties in the material library. It works well. But when I built another project file, i.e., a new mph file, I have to define the same properties of the materials again by input the in data table. So, is there a method that I can save the previous self-defined function of material properties? If we can, it would be much easier to assign the material properties.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies Last Post Jul 23, 2010, 3:49 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 22, 2010, 10:54 a.m. EDT
In Comsol 4.0, you can right click the node of the material and choose the second menu "add material to library 'user defined library' ". Then, next time you can import this material from the "user defined library" by click [materials] / [open material browser] / [user defined library].

Good luck!

In Comsol 4.0, you can right click the node of the material and choose the second menu "add material to library 'user defined library' ". Then, next time you can import this material from the "user defined library" by click [materials] / [open material browser] / [user defined library]. Good luck!

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 22, 2010, 11:56 a.m. EDT
I think he was saying that the User Defined Library doesn't persist when you start a new file, and was asking how to save it.

I don't know the answer, but would be very interested to know if this is possible. It would be especially useful if it could be shared between several users.
I think he was saying that the User Defined Library doesn't persist when you start a new file, and was asking how to save it. I don't know the answer, but would be very interested to know if this is possible. It would be especially useful if it could be shared between several users.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 22, 2010, 7:35 p.m. EDT
Yes, you got it. Can we make a sperated file for user-defined material proprty? If we can, that would be very helpful.BTW, my comsol is 3.5a.
Yes, you got it. Can we make a sperated file for user-defined material proprty? If we can, that would be very helpful.BTW, my comsol is 3.5a.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 22, 2010, 7:37 p.m. EDT

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 23, 2010, 3:49 a.m. EDT
Hi
User defined materials are normally stored in a "private library" text file, the format is rather simple so once you have made on, you can continu directly editing the file

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi User defined materials are normally stored in a "private library" text file, the format is rather simple so once you have made on, you can continu directly editing the file -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.