Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems solving an air flow caused by a heated plate

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello community,

I have problems solving my COMSOL model. I want to simulate an air flow caused by a heated aluminum plate. To simulate this, I have chosen the combination of weakly compressible navier- stokes (chns) and general heat transfer (htgh).

There is a heated aluminum plate and a barrier in front so there must be an air flow as shown in picture_1.jpg. The problem is that the solution does not converge. The red arrows show the air current schematically.

In picture_2.jpg you can see my current solution. The temperature profile looks realistic, but the whole temperature scale is near 273 K. This is the start temperature of all parts in this model.

Is it useful to write down all my boundary conditions in this thread or is it allowed to upload my COMSOL model file here?

Is there anybody who can help me?

3 Replies Last Post Jul 27, 2010, 3:07 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 22, 2010, 5:49 a.m. EDT
Hi,
You can either give your model Boundary conditions or upload your model in the forum. I would like have a look into the problem.

AndyT
Hi, You can either give your model Boundary conditions or upload your model in the forum. I would like have a look into the problem. AndyT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 22, 2010, 7:01 a.m. EDT
Hello,

thanks for your efforts.
Hello, thanks for your efforts.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 27, 2010, 3:07 a.m. EDT
Hi,

is there someone who can give me a hint how to solve the problem? Do you need more information?
Hi, is there someone who can give me a hint how to solve the problem? Do you need more information?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.