Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need help to import parasolid file to Comsol3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.
I have access to the student version of Comsol 3.5a, and this version doesn't have the CAD import module. I am able to import the geometry, with the default STL file option, but I'm getting many geometry errors without the CAD import module. I have run many simulations with the same geometry in Fluent, so these errors are not due to any geometrical features.
If I upload the parasolid files (.x_t or .x_b), can someone help me by importing them into Comsol3.5a, and sending me back the .mph files? There are 3 geometries and hence 3 separate .mph files. This is for my Masters thesis and I will be very grateful for your help. Thank you very much.

1 Reply Last Post Jul 19, 2010, 6:07 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 19, 2010, 6:07 p.m. EDT
Can someone help with importing 1(not 4, just 1) parasolid/STL to Comsol 3.5a and send me a .mph file? Thanks again.
Can someone help with importing 1(not 4, just 1) parasolid/STL to Comsol 3.5a and send me a .mph file? Thanks again.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.