Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

parametric geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I write a matlab script for a complex geometry for my COMSOL35, in order to make a "what if" analysis on some geometric parameters.

But when I try to change one of them from the default value, sometimes the results are not reasonable.

That is because I don't know which criterium Comsol adopts to index all the regions/boundaries/points, and so I can't handle properly the m.file.

What do you think about this?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post Jul 19, 2010, 4:29 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 19, 2010, 2:35 a.m. EDT
Hi
There are a few other threads about that, do a searxh on the Forum, personally I have given up following the index numbering when the topology changes for complex geometries

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi There are a few other threads about that, do a searxh on the Forum, personally I have given up following the index numbering when the topology changes for complex geometries -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 19, 2010, 4:29 p.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

thanks for the answer.
At first glance I couldn't get any help from the previous threads.

Comsol seems to scan my geometry, when completed, and sort the objects from left to right.

I wonder if it is possible to let Comsol use an alternative criterium for indexing all geometry objects: in this case it would be helpful to sort the regions following the order from the first to the last defined object.

Maybe in Comsol4 it is possible?

Thanks

Hi Ivar, thanks for the answer. At first glance I couldn't get any help from the previous threads. Comsol seems to scan my geometry, when completed, and sort the objects from left to right. I wonder if it is possible to let Comsol use an alternative criterium for indexing all geometry objects: in this case it would be helpful to sort the regions following the order from the first to the last defined object. Maybe in Comsol4 it is possible? Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.