Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error 6177

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

For some reason i could not reply to the thread , so i am starting as a new thread.

I am also getting the same error 6177 when solving for Time Harmonic mode, but if i run with Time Harmonic electric currents its not giving the error, Any body got any solution to avoid this 6177 error on Time Harmonic mode.

Thanks and Regards

Hi
I want to see eddy current in a metal by magnetic field of an AC voltage coil in 1MHz frequency in time harmonic mode but Comsol gives me Error:6177 (matrix has zero on diagonal. )
What can I do to solve this problem???
Thanks,

Reply | Reply with Quote | Send private message | Report Abuse

June 2, 2010 1:12pm UTC in response to Saber Behkami

Re: error 6177

Hi did you find solution for the problem you are getting i.e. error 6177?
If so kindly let me know.
I am also getting the same problem

-Nagesh..

June 2, 2010 2:23pm UTC in response to nageswara rao peela

Re: error 6177

When the equations have a structure such that the stiffness matrix (Jacobian matrix) has zeros on the diagonal, it is not possible to use the following linear system solvers/ preconditioners/smoothers: all versions of SOR and Diagonal scaling (Jacobi). Try the Vanka preconditioner/smoother instead.

or a direct solver, if possible.

0 Replies Last Post Jun 12, 2010, 1:20 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello ERaja Ma

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.