Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define a new liquid (aqueous KCL solution)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey
I want to study the flow of aqueous solution of KCL (.00018 Molar) through a micro sized channel but how to define this KCL solution with its parameters like viscosity, density, conductivity etc

2 Replies Last Post Jun 21, 2010, 5:31 a.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 20, 2010, 4:32 p.m. EDT
Hi,

I have modelled and cross-validated many systems using KCL.

I approximate the viscosity and density to water, the conductivity can be calculated using the equivalent conductivity equation.

I provide the parameters for these in the sub-domain settings on a ad-hoc basis without worrying about creating a new material in the material library.

Regards,
Tom
Hi, I have modelled and cross-validated many systems using KCL. I approximate the viscosity and density to water, the conductivity can be calculated using the equivalent conductivity equation. I provide the parameters for these in the sub-domain settings on a ad-hoc basis without worrying about creating a new material in the material library. Regards, Tom

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 21, 2010, 5:31 a.m. EDT
Hi,

Studying the flow of aqueous solution means two things: Navier-Stocks equation for fluid properties and Poisson+Nernst-Planck equation for the electrochemical behavior of your fluid.

Then you will find all the parameters that you are looking for: viscosity, density, conductivity...

Good luck
Hi, Studying the flow of aqueous solution means two things: Navier-Stocks equation for fluid properties and Poisson+Nernst-Planck equation for the electrochemical behavior of your fluid. Then you will find all the parameters that you are looking for: viscosity, density, conductivity... Good luck

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.