Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

lagrange multipliers

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I used mos model and for calculation of current I needed to use lagrange multipliers as below:
Boundary expressions:
Jn=-q*lm3
Jp=q*lm4
Integration over boundary
Id=Jn+Jp
Since my geometry is deferent than the mos geometry should I change the number of lm from (lm3, lm4) to something new like (lm5, lm6)?

Actually, my question is: what is the origin of the numbers at the end of (lm)? are they related to the variables or to the dimensions and geometry of the model?

1 Reply Last Post Jun 7, 2010, 5:55 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 7, 2010, 5:55 a.m. EDT
Hi

the "lm#" number "#" is set by COMSOL in the order these are defined, and that depends on which physics/application mode you have turned on the weak form or not. Check the variables for your physics and use the corresponding names

Good luck
Ivar
Hi the "lm#" number "#" is set by COMSOL in the order these are defined, and that depends on which physics/application mode you have turned on the weak form or not. Check the variables for your physics and use the corresponding names Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.