Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to model a moving laser beam as a volumetric heat source ? [Help]

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dose anyone know how to model a volumetric laser beam in a laser annealing process ? I knew there is a nice example in the heat transfer section of model library which models the localized transient heating with a moving laser beam. And it examines the penetration depth and the influence of the laser motion on the transient temperature distribution. However, that model only considers the laser beam as having an infinitesimal width and thus treats it as a line heat source. I want to treat the laser as a moving volumetric heat source like a cylinder heat source, but I really can not figure out how to implement it.
Can anyone provide some ideas or suggestions for me to model the laser beam as a moving volumetric heat source? Thank you in advance, I appreciate your help !

0 Replies Last Post May 16, 2010, 4:30 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello wei xiong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.