Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL 4.0 : Scattered harmonic propagation no longer available?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the previous version it use to be under RF Module -> Scattered harmonic propagation. But with 4.0, it is no longer there. Where is it?

thanks.

4 Replies Last Post Aug 27, 2010, 3:09 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello A R

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 26, 2010, 4:51 p.m. EDT
I also cannot find this feature. I would like to know as well.
I also cannot find this feature. I would like to know as well.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 27, 2010, 2:40 a.m. EDT
Hi

Have you checked the release notes for 4.0a, as not all features are already there for all physics, so probably its for next release :)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Have you checked the release notes for 4.0a, as not all features are already there for all physics, so probably its for next release :) -- Good luck Ivar

Magnus Olsson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 27, 2010, 2:46 a.m. EDT
Hi,

It is there all right:

Once you have set up an "Electromagnetic Waves" node in your model, you can select on the "Settings" tab for that node to "Solve for": "Full field" or "Scattered field".

Best regards,

Magnus Olsson
COMSOL

Hi, It is there all right: Once you have set up an "Electromagnetic Waves" node in your model, you can select on the "Settings" tab for that node to "Solve for": "Full field" or "Scattered field". Best regards, Magnus Olsson COMSOL

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 27, 2010, 3:09 a.m. EDT
That's true, it's there, too many places to look for ;)
but that's normal there are many parameters to control with MultiPhysics

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
That's true, it's there, too many places to look for ;) but that's normal there are many parameters to control with MultiPhysics Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.