Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is COMSOL 3.3.0.405 compatible with Windows Vista 64?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Our office has a floating license for COMSOL 3.3. We are looking to upgrade our machines to Vista 64. Is are version of COMSOL compatible with Vista 64? Our subscription has expired so tech support can not help us and previous threads started on this topic by others do not seem to have been answered.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

4 Replies Last Post May 17, 2010, 3:25 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago May 12, 2010, 4:13 p.m. EDT
Hi

Sorry, cannot tell, as I have upgraded already for several years ago, I'm not even sure 64bit CPU's existed at that time ?

I assume that most user have also more recent versions, that is probably why nobody has given any good answers so far.

I know there is always the fight between mangement and the end user about "is it worth to pay the mainetance", "why not "just wait 5-7 years and buy new?, anyhow you might even want another "tool" by then".

A regular fight I have too, but for the price class of COMSOL, wersus its use and quality, I find its worth it, and if you do not follow you have a large jump and learning process to envisage, that has also its cost, on your time and cash.

No easy way out I'm afraid

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Sorry, cannot tell, as I have upgraded already for several years ago, I'm not even sure 64bit CPU's existed at that time ? I assume that most user have also more recent versions, that is probably why nobody has given any good answers so far. I know there is always the fight between mangement and the end user about "is it worth to pay the mainetance", "why not "just wait 5-7 years and buy new?, anyhow you might even want another "tool" by then". A regular fight I have too, but for the price class of COMSOL, wersus its use and quality, I find its worth it, and if you do not follow you have a large jump and learning process to envisage, that has also its cost, on your time and cash. No easy way out I'm afraid Good luck Ivar

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago May 12, 2010, 5:26 p.m. EDT
Hi Chris,
Per COMSOL's website (www.comsol.com/press/news/article/141/), support for Vista started at version 3.3a.
The current version supports Vista of course (www.comsol.com/products/requirements/windows/).
Best,
Jeff
Hi Chris, Per COMSOL's website (http://www.comsol.com/press/news/article/141/), support for Vista started at version 3.3a. The current version supports Vista of course (http://www.comsol.com/products/requirements/windows/). Best, Jeff

Posted: 1 decade ago May 14, 2010, 5:45 p.m. EDT
Thank you both for your help!
Thank you both for your help!

Posted: 1 decade ago May 17, 2010, 3:25 a.m. EDT
hi
I have 3.5a in my laptop its working fine with my windows 7 64 bit

salim
hi I have 3.5a in my laptop its working fine with my windows 7 64 bit salim

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.