Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

need some information

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there. I hope every one will be fine and doing good.
i am having a problem, may be any one could help. i am trying to analysis the inner and outer cooling of a fresh extruded pipe at 200C made of HDPE material.
i am using Fluid thermal interaction module which is a coupling of two heat transfer and one one fluid dynamic module. the outer cooling is done with water and inner cooling is done by air at 273K coming at a speed of 10 m/s through a vortex tube integrated as part of the die through which the pipe extusion is taking place. i am able to run and simulation with all the set up, it goes well except that it takes alot of time to solve.
Until now i was making transient analysis of the pipe of given length ( 1m). for 12 seconds with cold air flowing in at 10 m/s but now the pipe is continuously extruding out of the die with a speed of 0.078 m/s and at the same time air is also flowing inside the pipe for cooling at 10m/s so how can i model this moving boundary of the pipe ( inner and outer) using the same fulid thermal module

The contact boundary between the air and the pipe is given a lograthemic wall function. if i give it a moving wall boundary condition then i also have to set up a moving mesh application mode, if that is the case can any one help me how can i do that and then how can i couple this new moving mech application mode with the existing coupling. i am also attaching the mph file so plz if any one has ideas share it with me
i wil be thankful
Yasir

0 Replies Last Post May 12, 2010, 10:35 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello irfan yasir

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.