Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling impact-echo on Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

my research project is based on modeling the impact-echo method in order to analyze frequency responses of the structure. I work on post-tensioned concrete beam with ungrouted duct and I want to test this structure to determine the possibilities of impact-echo to detect voids inside the duct. So my question is on the choice of the module in Comsol. I chose pressure acoustic module and I want to know if I’m right because this is normally for fluids or gaz. I simulate the impact by parametric solver. I inject a series of frequency which belong to a specter. then I plot the results in Matlab program.

Thank you for your help

Josselin PEREZ

Student in University of Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada

0 Replies Last Post Apr 12, 2010, 11:34 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.