Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multipnysics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey.

It is possible to connect more physical in one unit (multiphysic) so the various parts work together?

Thank you.

7 Replies Last Post Dec 30, 2013, 6:06 a.m. EST
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 29, 2013, 7:02 a.m. EST

Well, that is what the program is about!

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Well, that is what the program is about! -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 29, 2013, 7:24 a.m. EST
Thank.

But I dont know how can I do it?

I read help but there where nothing.

Can any body help with this problem.
Thank. But I dont know how can I do it? I read help but there where nothing. Can any body help with this problem.

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 29, 2013, 10:20 a.m. EST
Hello,
If I understand your question, you want to "add physics".
So when you create or have created a model, right-click on it, the first option appearing should be "add a physic" (or something like that) then left-click on it and you can add phenomenons.
Then left-click on your physic, find "dependant variables" under "physical model" and click on it and you can choose the name of your variables in order to choose the same as the first physic.
(I didn't try but it should work).
Is it it ?
(sorry, i'm using french version of comsol, so i'm not sure of the properties name, but it's probably close)
Hello, If I understand your question, you want to "add physics". So when you create or have created a model, right-click on it, the first option appearing should be "add a physic" (or something like that) then left-click on it and you can add phenomenons. Then left-click on your physic, find "dependant variables" under "physical model" and click on it and you can choose the name of your variables in order to choose the same as the first physic. (I didn't try but it should work). Is it it ? (sorry, i'm using french version of comsol, so i'm not sure of the properties name, but it's probably close)

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 29, 2013, 10:22 a.m. EST
You can find examples in the model library. You may have to update it. Another source is COMSOL's knowledge base. Try to find something that is similar to your application.

Also the documentation is extensive. You will need to spend some time with it.
You may also consider to attend a training course offered by COMSOL. This helps a lot.

The forum can help you to solve specific problems.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
You can find examples in the model library. You may have to update it. Another source is COMSOL's knowledge base. Try to find something that is similar to your application. Also the documentation is extensive. You will need to spend some time with it. You may also consider to attend a training course offered by COMSOL. This helps a lot. The forum can help you to solve specific problems. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 30, 2013, 4:43 a.m. EST
Hey.

Sorry that still bother me but those procedures have not worked.

I will try to give an example of what my point.
I have an empty model in version 4.4.
1 I add to the model "Add physic" physics Miccrowave heating.
2, then add "Add to physics" Ac-Dc-Magnetic Field ..

In both modules is variable Bx.

But when I activate Magnetic field of microwave heating and Magnetic field of AC-DC
and launch a study compute.Model behaves as if it were two independent magnetic fields.

Thank you for your help.

P. S.

Where can I find Multiphysic description for Comsol?
Hey. Sorry that still bother me but those procedures have not worked. I will try to give an example of what my point. I have an empty model in version 4.4. 1 I add to the model "Add physic" physics Miccrowave heating. 2, then add "Add to physics" Ac-Dc-Magnetic Field .. In both modules is variable Bx. But when I activate Magnetic field of microwave heating and Magnetic field of AC-DC and launch a study compute.Model behaves as if it were two independent magnetic fields. Thank you for your help. P. S. Where can I find Multiphysic description for Comsol?

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 30, 2013, 5:19 a.m. EST

I did a little search in the knowledge base using "microwave static magnetic"

This resulted in 86 hits:
www.comsol.com/search/?s=microwave+static+magnetic

one of them is:
www.comsol.com/model/dipolar-microwave-plasma-source-10512

even if you don't have the plasma module you can still have a look at the pdf:
www.comsol.com/model/download/186327/models.plasma.dipolar_ecr_source.pdf

Use your own search terms and you will probably find better suited examples. You can't expect to exactly find your case. But you will find a lot about multiphysics couplings.

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
I did a little search in the knowledge base using "microwave static magnetic" This resulted in 86 hits: http://www.comsol.com/search/?s=microwave+static+magnetic one of them is: http://www.comsol.com/model/dipolar-microwave-plasma-source-10512 even if you don't have the plasma module you can still have a look at the pdf: http://www.comsol.com/model/download/186327/models.plasma.dipolar_ecr_source.pdf Use your own search terms and you will probably find better suited examples. You can't expect to exactly find your case. But you will find a lot about multiphysics couplings. -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 30, 2013, 6:06 a.m. EST
Thank very much.
Thank very much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.