Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

pump (FSI)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody ( Comsol)

I'm trying to modeling pump with 03 actuators mechanical using MEMS FSI model. The figure (diagramabomba) shows the design of a pump flow controlled by 03 actuators. The actuators apply a force (F1, F2, F3) on the membrane, causing the displacement of the membrane to the wall. This is repeated in a cycle of operation.
I do not know how to interact with the modules in Comsol (Incompressible Navier-Stokes, Plane-Strain, Moving Mesh).

Can someone help ?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post Oct 21, 2011, 9:40 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arlindo Garcia

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 20, 2011, 8:15 p.m. EDT
Hi,

I have a similar problem, have you been able to resolve this issue?
Hi, I have a similar problem, have you been able to resolve this issue?

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 21, 2011, 9:40 a.m. EDT
Check out the Peristaltic Pump model #985 in the COMSOL model gallery. It shows how to efficiently set up such FSI problems with structures, fluid flow and a moving mesh. I used that example as a starting point for setting up a more complex 3D pump model (see, www.veryst.com/peristalticpump.html).

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Check out the Peristaltic Pump model #985 in the COMSOL model gallery. It shows how to efficiently set up such FSI problems with structures, fluid flow and a moving mesh. I used that example as a starting point for setting up a more complex 3D pump model (see, http://www.veryst.com/peristalticpump.html). Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.