Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

script for exporting deformed geom from livlink matlab ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

In GUI, I could remesh the deformed configuration from the results dataset, and from there i could export to a new geometry (xx.mphbin). But how can i do the same from matlab livelink ?

I wrote, "model.result.dataset('dset3').createDeformedConfig('deform1', 'mesh2');", but what could be the next lines in the script for exporting to a new geometry file ? Of course I tried to do it from GUI and then save model as m-file to see the script for exporting, but it didn't show anything equivalent java or matlab command for 'exporting to file' action.

Any help is appreciated ! Thanks.

/Krishna

4 Replies Last Post Nov 15, 2016, 6:07 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Krishna Manda

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 10 years ago Apr 14, 2014, 8:03 p.m. EDT

Hi all,

In GUI, I could remesh the deformed configuration from the results dataset, and from there i could export to a new geometry (xx.mphbin). But how can i do the same from matlab livelink ?

I wrote, "model.result.dataset('dset3').createDeformedConfig('deform1', 'mesh2');", but what could be the next lines in the script for exporting to a new geometry file ? Of course I tried to do it from GUI and then save model as m-file to see the script for exporting, but it didn't show anything equivalent java or matlab command for 'exporting to file' action.

Any help is appreciated ! Thanks.

/Krishna

I have the same question, does anyone in this community know about this matlab script?

Appreciate your help~~
[QUOTE] Hi all, In GUI, I could remesh the deformed configuration from the results dataset, and from there i could export to a new geometry (xx.mphbin). But how can i do the same from matlab livelink ? I wrote, "model.result.dataset('dset3').createDeformedConfig('deform1', 'mesh2');", but what could be the next lines in the script for exporting to a new geometry file ? Of course I tried to do it from GUI and then save model as m-file to see the script for exporting, but it didn't show anything equivalent java or matlab command for 'exporting to file' action. Any help is appreciated ! Thanks. /Krishna [/QUOTE] I have the same question, does anyone in this community know about this matlab script? Appreciate your help~~

Posted: 9 years ago Sep 19, 2015, 3:20 p.m. EDT
www.comsol.com/community/forums/livelink-products/thread/62831/#p206493

My answer in another thread
https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/livelink-products/thread/62831/#p206493 My answer in another thread

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago Sep 22, 2015, 3:38 a.m. EDT
Hi

This should work:
model.result.dataset('dset1').createDeformedConfig('deform1', 'mesh2');
model.geom('deform1').export('newgeomfilename');

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi This should work: model.result.dataset('dset1').createDeformedConfig('deform1', 'mesh2'); model.geom('deform1').export('newgeomfilename'); -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Posted: 7 years ago Nov 15, 2016, 6:07 a.m. EST
thank you
--
Nicolas LE CORVEC, PhD
Planetary Volcanologist - Postdoctoral Fellow
ClerVolc, the Clermont-Ferrand Centre for Volcano Research
Laboratoire Magmas et Volcans
thank you -- Nicolas LE CORVEC, PhD Planetary Volcanologist - Postdoctoral Fellow ClerVolc, the Clermont-Ferrand Centre for Volcano Research Laboratoire Magmas et Volcans

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.