Coupling Darcy's law with contact load

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have a question regarding my model. I am trying to simulate a poroelastic material which undergoes an external load from a structure which comes into contact with my fluid. I modeled the contact structure with a prescribed deformation, however I don't know how I could model the change in pore pressure due to the contact in the Darcy's law node. Indeed, when I visualize the results, the displacement of my fluid follows the displacement of the stucture in contact (hence the Solid mechanics node should be correct) but the pressure and the velocity of the fluid is always 0 regardless of the displacement of the contact structure. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance for the attention

0 Replies Last Post Nov 8, 2023, 11:21 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alessandro De Giorgi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.