Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cantilever beam with PZT patches connected to RL circuits

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I'm controlling the vibration of an in-water cantilever beam under a point force excitation using a piezoelectric patch. So, I have modelled this model with the COMSOL software, in which the piezo patch is bonded on the top of the host plate and connected to an RL series circuit. I am interested in the displacement of a targeted point on the plate in both cases of open-circuit (OC) and short-circuit (SC). In fact (and in the literature), the results in the case of open-circuit are significantly different from short-circuit case at the natural frequency corresponding to the optimal parameters of R and L. However, when I chose the optimal parameters of R and L for the first natural frequency of the system, the results obtained for the SC case are similar to the results of the OC case, even for the first frequency. I don't know why, and I could not find the problems in my model. Please have a look at the attachment for more details and give me some advice. Thank you!

Kind regards, HQ Cao

0 Replies Last Post Jun 25, 2023, 9:59 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello HQ Cao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.