Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to find consistant initial values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

[start here] The model Im working on has Turbulent SST, Moisture transport in the air and Heat transfer in moist air as physics, and Moisture flow, heat and moisture and NITF as multiphysics couplings. Problem is when I run time dependent, one way with Initialization NIFT, if the time range is (0,0.1,1)s it gives me a result. But when I run the same model for the range of (0,0.1,1)h it says failed to find consistent initial values. I need the study to be done for (9,30[min],16)h. Can someone give me any advice?

1 Reply Last Post Feb 2, 2023, 8:32 a.m. EST
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago Feb 2, 2023, 8:32 a.m. EST

This is probably related to the discussion in

https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/108101/time-dependent-temperature

The consistent initialization is done using a very small time step. That time step is, however, a fraction of the first time step in your simulation, which in itself as a default is connected to the total time of the simulation.

Try setting the initial time step manually.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
This is probably related to the discussion in The consistent initialization is done using a very small time step. That time step is, however, a fraction of the first time step in your simulation, which in itself as a default is connected to the total time of the simulation. Try setting the initial time step manually.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.