Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

License activaton for new module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Our institution has recently purchased and installed a new BATL license, including availability of a new module (Wave Optics) which wasn't present in our previous license. This can be verified by running the license manager lmutil, which shows that we should have 2 licenses of that module: "Users of WAVEOPTICS: (Total of 2 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)"

However, when our users launch Comsol and try to open a Wave Optics example file, they receive a license error message. And when I click "Licensed and Used Products" button under options, I cannot find the "Wave Optics" module listed under the checked out modules. Instead, it is being listed under 'Other Products". Is there anything additional we need to do in order to activate the license for the new module? Many thanks for your help!

1 Reply Last Post Oct 26, 2022, 8:48 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Oct 26, 2022, 8:48 a.m. EDT
Updated: 1 year ago Oct 27, 2022, 11:36 a.m. EDT

Hello Cheng,

If I understand correctly, your institution had a floating network license that was working fine, but now your organization has added a module to that license but some users are unable to access this added module. Make sure that the new license file (that covers the added module) is used not only on the license server but also on the client machines, and that the new added module has been installed on the client machines.

If this does not resolve the issue, please contact our support service.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Cheng, If I understand correctly, your institution had a floating network license that was working fine, but now your organization has added a module to that license but some users are unable to access this added module. Make sure that the new license file (that covers the added module) is used not only on the license server but also on the client machines, and that the new added module has been installed on the client machines. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact our support service. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.