Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Mesh refinement

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to make the mesh finer in just certain locations of my 3D mode. In the image attached, I would like to make smaller tetrahedrals just inside the area delimited by green cicrle.

How do I do that>

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post Jun 20, 2022, 7:37 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Jun 20, 2022, 7:37 a.m. EDT

It seems as though you already have a finer mesh within a radius of about 10, so all you need to do is create another circle with a radius of about 15 (to correspond to your green circle) and define a size subnode within your mesh sequence corresponding to the new domain.

Or am I missing something?

There are a number of ways to do this depending on the physics you are trying to capture. A Mesh Control Domain (created using a virtual op in the geometry node) could be used if the geometry within which you require mesh control is not a physically separate boundary condition/material.

It seems as though you already have a finer mesh within a radius of about 10, so all you need to do is create another circle with a radius of about 15 (to correspond to your green circle) and define a size subnode within your mesh sequence corresponding to the new domain. Or am I missing something? There are a number of ways to do this depending on the physics you are trying to capture. A Mesh Control Domain (created using a virtual op in the geometry node) could be used if the geometry within which you require mesh control is not a physically separate boundary condition/material.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.