Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Weak formulation of Navier-Stokes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to solve the incompressible Navier-Stokes equation with an unusual forcing term. I have tried to use the preset, inbuilt equations (Laminar flow) but the forcing term is such that these methods failed.

Therefore, I want to use the Weak PDE solver to solve Navier-Stokes. However, when I ran a simple test case (without the forcing term) the solution was complete garbage. I would like to know what I did wrong and how I can resolve it.

The test system is very straight-forward. The domain is with an inlet at and an outlet at .

The equations are the Incompressible Navier-Stokes system

Subject to no-slip conditions along the top and bottom of the channel and a constant pressure condition at the inlet and outlet (the constant is defined), and .

I have attached my code, I am trying to figure out what went wrong.

0 Replies Last Post Apr 11, 2022, 9:06 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aaron Pim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.