Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric field at a specific point in Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

[start here] Hey, I was trying to plot the electric field at a specific point in my cylindrical geometry. Eventhough I created the dataset of cutpoint, this data set is not showing in the data set list while plotting the 1D line plot. How can I overcome this?

1 Reply Last Post Nov 9, 2021, 9:35 a.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago Nov 9, 2021, 9:35 a.m. EST

Don't use a line plot. Use a point plot. And select the Cutpoint as your dataset. I suggest that you work through some of the Comsol-supplied tutorials and other example files to become more familiar with the post-processing plotting options available to you.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Don't use a *line* plot. Use a *point* plot. And select the Cutpoint as your dataset. I suggest that you work through some of the Comsol-supplied tutorials and other example files to become more familiar with the post-processing plotting options available to you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.