Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Where is the 'Open recovery file' feature in COMSOL 5.6?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Sir or Madam

I'm trying to open a recovery file manually. I found an article here https://www.comsol.com/blogs/how-and-when-to-open-recovery-files-in-comsol-multiphysics/

but the weird thing is, i couldn't find this feature in COMSOL 5.6. So I'm wondering is this feature removed or it is because I need to enable something in the preference.

If there is no such feature anymore, can anyone tell me how can I open a recovery file when the recovery file window didn't show up automatically?

Best Runzi

3 Replies Last Post Nov 9, 2021, 10:54 a.m. EST

Posted: 2 years ago Nov 5, 2021, 9:27 a.m. EDT
Updated: 2 years ago Nov 5, 2021, 10:32 a.m. EDT

Hi Runzi,

For me the window opens automatically, if there is a recovery file in the recovery folder. Did you check the folder for recovery files?

You can find the path in the preferences under files. Make sure you select the checkboxes "save recovery file" and "check for recovery files at launch" (see picture).

Hope this helps!

BR, Noëlle

Hi Runzi, For me the window opens automatically, if there is a recovery file in the recovery folder. Did you check the folder for recovery files? You can find the path in the preferences under files. Make sure you select the checkboxes "save recovery file" and "check for recovery files at launch" (see picture). Hope this helps! BR, Noëlle

Posted: 2 years ago Nov 9, 2021, 6:23 a.m. EST

Hi Noelle

Thanks for your reply! I can find the path where recovery file located. I'm trying to copy some recovery files from other path, for example, from a cloud path (for calculation in super computers) to the local recovery file path. However, the recovery file window won't open automatically.

I checked the video listed in the link in the previous post, the comsol claimed there should be a feature called 'Open Recovery File' under the 'file' in the menu bar, but I couldn't find it.

Best Runzi

Hi Noelle Thanks for your reply! I can find the path where recovery file located. I'm trying to copy some recovery files from other path, for example, from a cloud path (for calculation in super computers) to the local recovery file path. However, the recovery file window won't open automatically. I checked the video listed in the link in the previous post, the comsol claimed there should be a feature called 'Open Recovery File' under the 'file' in the menu bar, but I couldn't find it. Best Runzi

Posted: 2 years ago Nov 9, 2021, 10:54 a.m. EST

Hi Noelle

I found this feature, it is loacted under the 'Windows'.

Hi Noelle I found this feature, it is loacted under the 'Windows'.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.