Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

when you can‘t install COMSOL it may because your Windows username is Chinese

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When i want to install COMSOL , i have meet a situation that the COMSOL only come out a popup of "Setup is loading installation components. This may take a minute or two" and the popup disappeared without the installation window comes out. i have try a lot of way to deal with it, finally i was inspired with what i have done when installing latex , i have meet a problem cause by Window's username in Chinese, which lead to the situation that the installation program can't recognize the Temp System environment variable. So i edit my Temp System environment variable as '%SystemRoot%\TEMP' , which have a english location, and by this way, iinstall it successfully.

0 Replies Last Post Aug 30, 2021, 10:30 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 畅 刘

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.