Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to respect boundary at zylinder

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,

i'm working at the moment on a simple combination of coils using a mesh combinated with tetras and quads.

as you can see in my file i would like to mesh the zylinder with quads and the outer volume with tetras.

but i can't get outer volume meshed.

i've tried several different combinations of min max elementsize configs.
i've also tried to ad a second zylinder -> still the same error
"Failed to respect boundary element edge on geometry face."

it's really frustrating to mesh with comsol... i've already mesh complex parts like automobile headlites, wind turbines, mountains for meteorological cfd simulations and much more (with ANSA from BETA CAE)

and now for my bachelor i have to use comsol and can't even mesh this simple geometry.

i hope you can help me.

best regards

1 Reply Last Post Jun 20, 2012, 5:43 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 20, 2012, 5:43 a.m. EDT
i've tried now to "help" comsol to add additional volumes.

using "extremely fine" for the first additional voulme ist working but only partial.

does anybody have an idea what i could try?
i've tried now to "help" comsol to add additional volumes. using "extremely fine" for the first additional voulme ist working but only partial. does anybody have an idea what i could try?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.