Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thin layer approximation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I am new to comsol. I am trying to model a thin layer in a 2D model on an electrode surface which acts as electrode-electrolyte interface. Now I thought it is similar to a distributed resistance but there is no possibility to input a complex transfer function of an impedance into a boundary condition.
What is the best way to incorporate this kind of function? Is there any example model which helps to learn about this topic?
Thanks in advance,
David

1 Reply Last Post Jul 27, 2009, 6:27 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 27, 2009, 6:27 a.m. EDT
I hope I am not highjacking the topic here, but is the proposed method the best/only way to model the electrode-electrolyte interface? Does the situation change in 3D?
I hope I am not highjacking the topic here, but is the proposed method the best/only way to model the electrode-electrolyte interface? Does the situation change in 3D?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.