Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Installation issue

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am trying to install the COMSOL 5.6 and I ran into the following error whenever the installation reaches the download page. "Error downloading file. Received fatal alert: handshake failure" I downloaded the complete version as recommended from the website and I sucessfully installed it but I cannot check for updates. Whenever I check for updates, I run into the same error. I have the GUI issue mentioned in this discussion forum "https://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1285". The solution requires updating the software but I cannot update it due to the above issue. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

2 Replies Last Post Jul 20, 2021, 2:21 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago Jul 6, 2021, 8:49 a.m. EDT
Updated: 3 years ago Jul 6, 2021, 9:37 a.m. EDT

Hello,

The latest version is 5.6 Update 2 and it includes Update 1, so, instead of updating from the original 5.6 to 5.6 Update 1, you could try installing the latest version and then continuing with the instructions from the knowledge base entry you pointed out.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello, The latest version is 5.6 Update 2 and it includes Update 1, so, instead of updating from the original 5.6 to 5.6 Update 1, you could try installing the latest version and then continuing with the instructions from the knowledge base entry you pointed out. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 3 years ago Jul 20, 2021, 2:21 a.m. EDT

Thank you, it worked.

Thank you, it worked.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.