Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

magnetic field physics related problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I have some trouble getting the right coil voltage and coil current under the magnetic field physics. I used assembly geometry because the system in my model is complex and there are lots of inner connections. In order to make magnetic field work, I used continuity under "magnetic field" physics and made the **coil+former+vessel as a continuous entity **that is grouped together and seperated from air so that I can apply magnetic insulation boundary condition to the air.

Even though I got some results, the coil voltage and current seem to be off. With results shown after computation, the coil current has been indicated on all the parts in the model (even the air domain!). Any idea what is going on?

1 Reply Last Post Apr 8, 2021, 9:23 p.m. EDT
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Apr 8, 2021, 9:23 p.m. EDT

I suggest that you post your model to the forum.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I suggest that you post your model to the forum.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.