Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

create an electrostatic force that moves with time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
My question is about how to create a model in comsol combining movement and electrical force.

Let's say i have two liquid metal drops(one with V=0 and other with V>0). there will be some electric force between the drops.
If i will use a fluid flow physic, and an electrostatic physic together, i will be able to calculate the force between the drop in the initial state and apply it on the drops in the fluid flow physic. now if i will run a transiant simulation i will see the drops moving and getting close to each other.

After the drops are getting closer, the force should enlarge too. but the problam with this simulation is that i can only simulate the electric force in the beginning of the simulation and it does not consider the change in the drops positions.

My question is how can i consider the physical change (location) in the electrostatic model during the transiant simulation ?

thank you all for answering !
ofir.

1 Reply Last Post Apr 17, 2012, 12:00 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Apr 17, 2012, 12:00 p.m. EDT
Can anyone please help me with this ?

Thank you !
Can anyone please help me with this ? Thank you !

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.