Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extrusion coupling confusion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am confused as to how to use the linear extrusion model coupling to link the variables from one model to another within the same file. In this simplified example I am trying to figure out the process to use the coupling function. I am trying to make out-of-plane flux from one cube of steel dependent on the temperature field of another.

1) linear extrusion (linext1) maps variables from model1 to model2
2) the "Out-of-Plane Heat Flux 1" node in the heat transfer physics of model two then uses the temperature from model1 to calculated out of plane heat flux

I cannot figure out from the manuals how to implement this correctly. Feel free to tell me im an idiot. (:

1 Reply Last Post Mar 18, 2012, 10:10 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Mar 18, 2012, 10:10 p.m. EDT
I figured it out on my own. I used general extrusion instead of linear. I also figured out the syntax for the operation. Included is the file with everything working. The out-of-plane flux of one 2d model is linked to the other and vice versa. A 3d model is included in order to prove to myself that i did it right.
I figured it out on my own. I used general extrusion instead of linear. I also figured out the syntax for the operation. Included is the file with everything working. The out-of-plane flux of one 2d model is linked to the other and vice versa. A 3d model is included in order to prove to myself that i did it right.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.