Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Storage Model in Darcy's law

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In Darcy's law when we right click to add boundary conditions or so, there is also an Storage Model option in which we may define the properties of the fluid and matrix. The last parameter is Storage with a unit equal to 1/Pa. What does this storage mean and what is the application? For example we use it when we have a solute injection which combine the Darcy's law and Solute transport.

3 Replies Last Post Oct 12, 2015, 7:32 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Simin Akbariyeh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago Sep 30, 2015, 6:52 a.m. EDT
Hi Simin, i am facing the same question.Do you know what are those compressibility of fluid and matrix?
If yes please let me know.
Thanks

Hi Simin, i am facing the same question.Do you know what are those compressibility of fluid and matrix? If yes please let me know. Thanks

Posted: 8 years ago Oct 4, 2015, 3:18 a.m. EDT
Hi Neeraj, the Storage S (1/Pa) is equivalent to the Reuss average of the fluid and solid
compressibilities. You can see this article for the Storage, Zheng, Yibing, Robert Burridge, and Daniel R. Burns. Reservoir simulation with the finite element method using Biot poroelastic approach. Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Earth Resources Laboratory, 2003.
Hi Neeraj, the Storage S (1/Pa) is equivalent to the Reuss average of the fluid and solid compressibilities. You can see this article for the Storage, Zheng, Yibing, Robert Burridge, and Daniel R. Burns. Reservoir simulation with the finite element method using Biot poroelastic approach. Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Earth Resources Laboratory, 2003.

Posted: 8 years ago Oct 12, 2015, 7:32 a.m. EDT
Thank you Xu Yi
Thank you Xu Yi

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.