Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export Geometry File

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I've used Comsol to optimize the geometry of an electrode. I was hoping to export this exact geometry so I can print a mask and then fabricate the electrode. When I've tried to export it, I can only seem to export it as a Comsol file. Is there any way to export it as a .tiff file?

2 Replies Last Post Jan 27, 2012, 2:47 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 26, 2012, 8:02 p.m. EST
I'm replying only in the off-chance that this will help your problem, but it probably won't. You can take a snap shot using the small camera button on the far right. Maybe if you are zoomed appropriately and maintain the correct aspect ratio you will produce a picture file that you can convert to .tiif for a mask. I'm not sure this helps you at all, but I didn't want to keep it to my self in case it did. Best of luck.
I'm replying only in the off-chance that this will help your problem, but it probably won't. You can take a snap shot using the small camera button on the far right. Maybe if you are zoomed appropriately and maintain the correct aspect ratio you will produce a picture file that you can convert to .tiif for a mask. I'm not sure this helps you at all, but I didn't want to keep it to my self in case it did. Best of luck.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 27, 2012, 2:47 a.m. EST
Hi

I find your remark very pertinent, and it should be made possible, pls forward such demands to "support" so they can consider it, hhopefully we will get these functionalities (if not already hidden somewhere) for a future release.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I find your remark very pertinent, and it should be made possible, pls forward such demands to "support" so they can consider it, hhopefully we will get these functionalities (if not already hidden somewhere) for a future release. -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.