Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cluster Batch Job Error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi. I've recently gotten the cluster sweep running through a SLURM cluster Architecture from the COMSOL GUI. I can submit my jobs just fine, monitor, detach and attach jobs, and collect results at the end of the run. I can then view my results, save my file, close my file and re-open with success.

However, after a period of several hours, I re-open the saved models and get the following error when trying to view my results: Old model cannot be reconstructed. Do Clear Solution to expunge. Failed to load file for interpolation function.

I have not changed anything in terms of the cluster output generated status files, save files or anything else! Just a close... wait several hours... and re-open to this error message. Any ideas?

Best James

1 Reply Last Post Apr 25, 2020, 9:46 a.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 25, 2020, 9:46 a.m. EDT

Hey all, found a workaround for this....

Cluster is Linux, client is Windows.

Switched the client to Linux, problem solved.. Also sped up my CFD model by 5% or so! Highly recommend : )

Hey all, found a workaround for this.... Cluster is Linux, client is Windows. Switched the client to Linux, problem solved.. Also sped up my CFD model by 5% or so! Highly recommend : )

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.