Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Anisotropy of Silicon in Solid Mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am simulating piezoelectric stack of AlN that is sandwiched between two electrodes and the sandwich sits on a Si substrate. I remember doing this in version 4 and now I am using v5.5 but for some reason, when I select the solid model to be anisotropic uunder linear elastic material tab, Young's modulus (E) and Poisson's ratio (nu) seems like they are still required as well as relative permittivity. In isotropic material case these are already there and epsilon is not so I understand the requirement for the relative permittivity. However D matrix is there and the solver wats to know E. Why is that?

Thanks,

-Ozan

-------------------
Ozan Erturk

1 Reply Last Post Apr 8, 2020, 8:47 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Apr 8, 2020, 8:47 p.m. EDT

Problem Solved! I restarted COMSOL and now it's all good. Thanks for your support everyone :)

-------------------
Ozan Erturk
Problem Solved! I restarted COMSOL and now it's all good. Thanks for your support everyone :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.