Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

calculate the rate of heat transfer for hollow cylinder????

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi every one,

im quite new to Comsol 4.1 and i hope you can help me.

I try to calculate the rate of heat transfer for hollow cylinder.Inner temp 573 k and outer temp is 323 k and dimensions is ro=0.5m,ri=0.01m,l=1 m. now i have some trouble in find the correct path in comsol to find the rate of heat transfer. now i am using surface integration menu under post processingto find the rate of heat transfer...my path is correct or not?????

thanks, best regards
parma

1 Reply Last Post Dec 26, 2011, 5:09 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 26, 2011, 5:09 p.m. EST
Hi

check
www.comsol.eu/community/forums/general/thread/25065/

if you do not want the heat flux but the poser you need to integrate over the area indeed with an integration operator.

But in anycase, to get an abolute value, I suspect you need to define the heat conduction of your material, no ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check http://www.comsol.eu/community/forums/general/thread/25065/ if you do not want the heat flux but the poser you need to integrate over the area indeed with an integration operator. But in anycase, to get an abolute value, I suspect you need to define the heat conduction of your material, no ? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.