Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

remeshing the geometry change at each time

Pavan Kumar Penumakala

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,,,

For my problem...The geometry grows in each time step...
If i want to remesh the geometry at each time step ..how i can proceed...

i am little confused
What is Deformed geometry interface ?
What is the parametric sweep
What is the difference between the both..?

thanks in advance for teh help

2 Replies Last Post Nov 10, 2011, 1:20 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 10, 2011, 7:25 a.m. EST
Hi

in the time solver you have a remesh tick, it's hidden under a by default closed tab, but it's in there search the doc on "remesh"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in the time solver you have a remesh tick, it's hidden under a by default closed tab, but it's in there search the doc on "remesh" -- Good luck Ivar

Ashok Kumar Nallathambi

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 10, 2011, 1:20 p.m. EST
hi Mr.Ivar,

i also have similar problem...

for me, i want to create a mesh in such a way that the MATERIAL node & MESH node always COINCIDE. but i want new layer of MATERIAL & MESH nodes...that means domain growth in specified direction...i have tried all possibilities upto my knowledge..i couldnt succeed in comsol...

kindly give your suggestions....
hi Mr.Ivar, i also have similar problem... for me, i want to create a mesh in such a way that the MATERIAL node & MESH node always COINCIDE. but i want new layer of MATERIAL & MESH nodes...that means domain growth in specified direction...i have tried all possibilities upto my knowledge..i couldnt succeed in comsol... kindly give your suggestions....

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.