Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

5.3a Demo: Battery Capacity Fade.there is a strange phenomenon

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Recently, I used this example to simulate battery aging. I found that charge transfer resistance(Rct=Overpotential/Local current density) of the battery is not a normal change during battery aging.In the mode, I use the ratio of liion.eta_per1 to liion.iloc_per1 for computing the charge transfer resistance(Rct) in the anode and cathode . As the battery ages ,the Rct gradually becomes smaller under the same electrode SOC especially in the positive electrode. The resistance of this negative electrode is larger than that of the positive electrode. In generally, the Rct should gradually increase.And the transfer resistance of the positive electrode should be much larger than that of the negative electrode. 
    Unfortunately, I can't see these phenomenon. Is this aging model not taking this into account? Or the calculation method I am using is wrong. The picture below is the result I observed, and it is obvious that the resistance of the positive and negative electrodes is decreasing. Looking forward to your reply, Best wishes to you.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 12, 2019, 9:00 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 杰 白

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Feb 12, 2019, 9:00 a.m. EST

1.which model you build for aging simulation? 2.Where you get Rct formular?

1.which model you build for aging simulation? 2.Where you get Rct formular?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.