Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing problems

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey guys. I'm trying to model pipe flow which contains two other smaller pipes. I I tried carrying out the meshing with 1 pipe only within the main pipe and then it worked. I've attached the file below without much details only the geometry and tried the meshing but got an error at a boundary. I've tried different meshing types it still does not work. I actually tried to make the bigger pipe a little bit larger so that it does not touch the two pipes inside, then there was no problem with the meshing. But I need it to touch. Can anyone help please?

Cheers,
Ally

1 Reply Last Post Jun 23, 2011, 12:31 p.m. EDT

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 23, 2011, 12:31 p.m. EDT
Just to add if I do it with a finer mesh, the meshing works but when I try to solve, there's a problem whch refers back to the mesh again.
Just to add if I do it with a finer mesh, the meshing works but when I try to solve, there's a problem whch refers back to the mesh again.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.