Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Kappa Epsilon Turbulence model reaction forces

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day,

I am modeling an airfoil using the kappa-epsilon turbulence model. In the post-processing I want to extract the lift and drag forces to calculate the lift/drag coefficients. I had done this before using the Spalart-Allmaras model by following the "Flow around a Cylinder" example and it worked properly. However, when I tried to do the same thing with the k-? model the reacf() operator is zero. I searched the forum and found another thread with the same problem. In that case, the operator “T_x” was used to obtain the force components. However, I am working in version 4.1.0.88 and that command does not appear on the User’s Guide or in the “Computing Accurate Fluxes” section. Nevertheless, I tried that command on my model it did not work. Is there any command that I missed that will allow me to obtain the reaction forces in the kappa-epsilon turbulence model?
Thank you!

Juan Puerta

0 Replies Last Post Jun 22, 2011, 6:35 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Juan Puerta

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.