Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adaptive Mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear friends,

I have the problem which involves shape deformation using Level-set method in fluid flow module, Is it possible to re-mesh the problem after some time step ( when the sharp edge creates in the problem)?

Is it anything like adaptive mesh possible in comsol V.4 ?

If i want to use the finer mesh from beginning, it is so much time and memory consuming, so I want to use finer mesh when the sharp edges will be created in my problem after some specific time?

Best

2 Replies Last Post May 24, 2011, 9:25 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago May 23, 2011, 2:00 p.m. EDT
See www.comsol.com/products/4.2/
Adaptive meshing for transient simulations is available starting at version 4.2.
See http://www.comsol.com/products/4.2/ Adaptive meshing for transient simulations is available starting at version 4.2.

Posted: 1 decade ago May 24, 2011, 9:25 a.m. EDT
thanks man
thanks man

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.