Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electromagnetic forming (AC/DC module)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi friends,

I am working on electromagnetic forming... I am mechanical student and i have no depth idea of electromagnetic analysis...My problem is:

I have to model 2D-axi-symmetric solenoid coil (multi-turn coil) with AC time dependent current density input...
There are two ways to model coil..

1) model multi-turn coil ...
If I model coil with multiple turns, then what would be the current density in each turn of coil ??
Is it like...J = I (current) / cross section area of coil ??
Should it be multiplied with number of turns??

2) model single-turn equivalent coil
If I assume equivalent single turn coil, currnt density in coil is
J = (current * number of turns) / cross section area..
In this I suspect about cross-section area...Is it c/s of coil turn or single-turn equivalent coil

0 Replies Last Post May 18, 2011, 1:44 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vivekkumar Varkal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.