Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reading BCs from a data set

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello there,

I have this question. I'll try to be clear as much as possible.

-) Suppose you want to insert as inlet boundary condition in a fluid problem a velocity profile that cannot be described by simple functions - for example is a velocity profile from an ultrasound exam.

-) What I have is a table with TIME and VELOCITY

-) What I need is to perform an unsteady simulation and I need the solver to read the table and interpolate the velocity data to get the "correct" velocity for every time in the simulation.

Any idea how to to that in COMSOL 3.5a? I have also COMSOL 4.1 but I'm used to work with 3.5a and I prefer to stick with it for a while.

Cheers
J

1 Reply Last Post Nov 23, 2010, 3:48 p.m. EST
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Nov 23, 2010, 3:48 p.m. EST
Hiu

my first reaction is to say its the same in 3.5 and 4:
if you a table of t, x, y and v(t,x,y) you can enter this into a Comsol "function from a table", then apply this to the BC and you run a transient solver, COMSOL will normally interpolate it

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hiu my first reaction is to say its the same in 3.5 and 4: if you a table of t, x, y and v(t,x,y) you can enter this into a Comsol "function from a table", then apply this to the BC and you run a transient solver, COMSOL will normally interpolate it -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.