Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot Selection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In v4.0 I believe there is a technique for visualizing the solution on specific domains by defining a selection first e.g. Definitions > Selection However, I do not recall the steps to only show the solution for that selection.

Basically, I want to hide all domains while visualizing the solution only on the domain defined in the selection.

Can anyone help with this?

3 Replies Last Post Sep 6, 2011, 2:10 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 29, 2010, 2:44 a.m. EDT
Hi

you have diferent ways to "hide" objects in V4:

in the "Definition View" you can add a new "View", and add as subnode "Hide lists of Objects (geometry = volumes, faces, lines or points) or entities ("analysed geometry = domains, boundaries, edges, points)

Then you can select the view for the plot.

But mostly in the postprocessing you can duplicate the "Data Set" and add selections to it, or just create subsets such as cut faces, lines etc of a "Data Set" and then plot or calculate based on this sub-"Data set"

These are different approaches, by the way you can also select different "Views" in the Results section but not with hiding entities just with axis information

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have diferent ways to "hide" objects in V4: in the "Definition View" you can add a new "View", and add as subnode "Hide lists of Objects (geometry = volumes, faces, lines or points) or entities ("analysed geometry = domains, boundaries, edges, points) Then you can select the view for the plot. But mostly in the postprocessing you can duplicate the "Data Set" and add selections to it, or just create subsets such as cut faces, lines etc of a "Data Set" and then plot or calculate based on this sub-"Data set" These are different approaches, by the way you can also select different "Views" in the Results section but not with hiding entities just with axis information -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 5, 2011, 5:30 a.m. EDT
Hi Ivar,

How do I hide a domain in 4.2? I have a sphere of air surrounding my model, and I want a volume plot without it being there. it blocks my view on the rest of the model!

Thanks,
Shoval
Hi Ivar, How do I hide a domain in 4.2? I have a sphere of air surrounding my model, and I want a volume plot without it being there. it blocks my view on the rest of the model! Thanks, Shoval

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 6, 2011, 2:10 a.m. EDT
Hi

try in the "Definitions" to make a new "View", then add a sub-node "Hide Entity" and select the sphere, then update your view (eye icon)

You might need to force your plots to use this view, check in the main plot nodes, normally there is an "Auto" that might be changed

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try in the "Definitions" to make a new "View", then add a sub-node "Hide Entity" and select the sphere, then update your view (eye icon) You might need to force your plots to use this view, check in the main plot nodes, normally there is an "Auto" that might be changed -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.